Thursday, December 19, 2013

On The Issues

So, recently, there have been several issues. I generally don't have opinions on issues, but enough people have posted things about these issues on Facebook that I have developed my own opinions. I realize that some of these opinions may not be what you agree with. Feel free to comment. I may not be able to comment back, because I haven't been able to comment on my own blogs for a while. Anyway, I just feel the need to get some thoughts out here. It's not easy to be the guy with the ability to solve all of the world's problems, but someone has to do it. Here we go!

Racism

I don't have a lot to say about this one. Well, I shouldn't. But every time racism comes up as an issue, I'm just like, "Seriously? Seriously? Racism?" A lot of people don't realize this, but as a country (even though I don't currently live there, I consider myself a part of the United States) I'm pretty sure we're past this. Let's think about it. Who legitimately believes that people with colored skin are actually inferior to whites? I know there are a few left, but let's be honest. Most of those people are either over the age of 70 or have a total of about 7 teeth. Your standard person who mentions race is not mentioning it in a derogatory way, even if you think they are. Even if they are, is making a huge deal out of it really going to help? I submit that it won't. This person who is a racist is an isolated case, and drawing attention to it just gives them the attention that they probably want. Don't do it. Don't be racist (Most people aren't.), and for goodness sake, don't take yourself so seriously! Boom. Problem solved.

Modesty

You know, I grew up thinking that the idea of modesty was pretty cut-and-dried. It applies to men, too, and I never had any trouble keeping with it. Now we've got a lot of talk about what modesty "actually means" and the like. Here's what I think it means: cover up! Now, granted, I realize that there could be a little change in how we treat people and how we teach this concept. I'm not saying that girls should cover up to keep men from having bad thoughts. I don't think that's the most important reason for modesty. I agree that it's men's responsibility to keep their thoughts (and, for that matter, their actions) in check and I don't think that women are to blame for men trying to do inappropriate things to them. That, however, does not give anyone license to wear whatever the heck they want. The fact remains that we have been commanded to dress modestly by a prophet of God and we have been given very specific guidelines on how to do so. Regardless of whatever else you think, I'd say that is reason enough to go with it. Boom. Problem solved.

I was thinking about covering sexism, but I'm pretty sure that that's too sensitive of a topic for me to approach. You may not know this about me, but Captain Danger is not a very sensitive person. That being said, I think that solving two problems is enough work for one day. Let the world read this, and be at peace. Maybe I'll do world hunger next. That's a pretty big one. I'll end this in the usual way.


This is Captain Danger out.

No comments:

Post a Comment