Wednesday, August 24, 2011

On Staying Up Too Late

The fact that I don't start work in the morning until 10:00 am has been detrimental to my sleeping schedule. The killer thing is, what am I doing at 2:00 in the morning? Nothing, really. Tonight I spent a bunch of time trying to figure out where I could find the sick (good sick)-looking canyons outside Ouray, Colorado (I was not entirely successful) and then just random goofing off on the Internet, much of which included Facebook. I should really learn to just go to bed on time, because I'm pretty sure that's better for me.

But, on the subject of this Ouray place, I'd never heard of it until recently, and now I'm seeing these pictures on canyoneering forums of people rappelling in flowing water down really high waterfalls, and the main thing that I'm thinking is, "I want to go to there." Maybe someday. It will have to be a someday after I've bought new shoes and when I feel comfortable asking for some time off from work, because I don't think it would be good enough just to go to this ridiculously awesome-looking place for only one day. I'd post some pictures, but I don't know if non-members of the forums I'm in would be able to see them. Plus, most of my readers probably wouldn't be particularly interested.

Anyway, what I'm doing right now is simply exacerbating the problem that I talked about in the first paragraph and should really call it a night. Also, I'm starting to think about taking this blog back to its roots and doing some commentary on things that I find on the Internets (i.e. explaining why things are awesome, or making up stories that go with pictures that seem not to have explanations). Thoughts? I'll say, I often thought I was hilarious when I wrote those posts, but I think that a lot of my readers just thought that I was a dork, and I can understand that, because I do tend to be a dork sometimes.

That all being said, I should really call it a night. Here's an awesome picture of me:

This is Captain Danger out.

No comments:

Post a Comment