Wednesday, May 11, 2011

On (My Own) Stupidity

I'm going to go ahead and make this something of a complaining post today, just to show that even Captain Danger doesn't always have perfect days. The Internets may not know that I am currently substitute teaching, trying to earn a living (it's not working too well). Well, yesterday I signed up for a job at Payson High School. I thought for sure that I double-checked that it was for today, so I took it. This morning I was awakened earlier than I had planned by a phone call asking me to do a different subbing job. I checked the computer before I turned it down, and I was certain that the one I had already signed up for was today. So, I said no to the job on the phone and commenced going down to Payson. When I was less than a mile from the school I got pulled over and got a speeding ticket. Apparently I'm not impervious to police. Dang. Anyway, when I got to the school and had hung around in the classroom for a little while, the teacher showed up and said that he was going to be gone on Friday. Not today. So, let's sum this up. I:
1. Drove to Payson, which took gas, anticipating that I would make money,
2. Got a speeding ticket, which probably would have taken all of the money I would have made, and
3. I didn't end up making any money and had to drive back, which also took gas.

So basically, if I were prone to depression (which, luckily, I'm not) I would probably be getting pretty close right now. However, as I'm not prone to depression and have an actual job interview for a teaching job this Friday, I'm doing fine, and now I get to spend my day watching Stargate Atlantis. The real downside of this is that I may not be able to buy my new canyoneering shoes today like I'd hoped, which sucks. I should probably figure out how much I'm having to pay for this speeding ticket. This is Captain Danger out.

1 comment:

  1. Oh Cliff! Good luck getting a full time job. It's nice to know I can always rely on you to be upbeat and positive. :) Just leave all the "woe is me's" to me.

    ReplyDelete