Thursday, October 14, 2010

On Doctors

So, I caved and went to the doctor yesterday. In retrospect, it may have been a bad idea. He felt my arm and had me try to lift it and then said that I need to see an orthopedic surgeon to get a real idea of what's going on. He did say that I've either torn my rotator cuff or else I've got a bunch of blood from bruising up in my deltoid that keeps me from being able to lift my arm. That second one sounds kind of far-fetched to me. So, I'm going to see an orthopedic surgeon on Monday. If he tells me I need an MRI, I'm going to tell him to stick it. If he tells me that I need physical therapy, I might go along with that. I'll see. Anyway, there's the update. Oh, and he also said that I should be okay playing racquetball and football. Not in so many words, but he said that when my arm hurts, it probably isn't getting worse, it just hurts, so I'm good. I just can't go slamming into walls. I think I can handle that.

Overall, I thought it was a pretty lame experience. Granted, I understand that he couldn't really make a definitive decision, but I'll bet I go to the orthopedic surgeon, and he says, "Yep, the other guy was right." and I end up spending more money on doctors visits. This, my friends, is one of the areas where our health-care system is screwed up. Okay, so maybe not.

In the meantime, my left arm reports approximately 30% combat readiness. Definitely not what I expected for right now. Granted, I could still kill most anyone right now, I would just have to use my left arm sparingly, as it would mostly stuck to my side. And when I talk about killing anyone, I mean any aggressor, like a suicide bomber or supervillain or something. Not just random people. That being said, I don't have much else to say today. This is Captain Danger out.

1 comment:

  1. Ya... my experience at the health center had been "well... I'm not sure..." or me saying "I think it's this" and 10 minutes later having them arrive at the exact same conclusion and then perscribing over-the-counter medicine. Good fun...

    ReplyDelete