Friday, June 11, 2010

You Thought I was done blogging, didn't you?

Well, allow me to begin this post by first saying that I apologize for my long absence. I would like to point out, however, that I am not the only one. It seems to me that the blogging craze has died down a bit since last year, when it seemed like everyone and their dog was blogging about everything. Granted, there are a few people who are still blogging, but not nearly as frequently as they used to. Life is sad when people don't want to write about random crap that happens to them or that comes to mind. I blame it on the recession. Either that, or Global Warming. Or else President Obama. It might be his fault, too.

Anyway, I didn't write this post just to make apologies and to point fingers. I actually have something to write about! If you're wondering what it is, wonder no longer! I present to you, the nunchuck gun:This little wonder is brought to us by the geniuses behind homestarrunner.com, one of my very favorite websites. (You know what's annoying? The text in links is always purple. Why does it have to be purple? Anyway.) The nunchuck gun made its first appearance in "Dangeresque 1: Dangeresque too?" and has lived in my heart ever since. I mean, it's so cool! the idea of combining an awesome weapon with another awesome weapon defies the senses, as well as the intelligence.

Granted, there are obviously a few problems with this gun. First of all, it looks like it might have a bit of a shoddy construction. If I were in the business of making nunchuck guns, I'm pretty sure I would use duct tape, not masking tape. My experience with masking tape has been that it generally doesn't hold very well, especially under conditions of heat or getting swung into peoples faces, which are conditions that nunchuck guns are required to endure. Duct tape would do a much better job of making it stand up to the heat of firing, as well as being able to bear being swung into all sorts of peoples faces. Another problem that comes to mind immediately is how the gun would be aimed. Those not as familiar with firearms don't know this, but the sights of a gun (how you aim) are on the top, and with that nunchuck in the way, it would make it hard to aim. That, however, is inconsequential. It simply makes the nunchuck gun a close-range weapon, which makes sense in the first place, because nunchucks are definitely close-range, and pistols are generally only medium range at best.

However, aside from these small problems, which could be easily fixed, I could definitely say that if I were going up against the world's most evil man, a nunchuck gun would be welcome in my arsenal. Just it's ability to shoot, combined with its swing in faces-ness makes it awesome. With that, I make an end. This is Captain Danger out.

No comments:

Post a Comment