Wednesday, July 29, 2009

A Part of My World

I must say, there are some things in life that you certainly can't live without, and you wonder how you survived without them before you realized how cool they were. For me, this thing is the song Takin' Care of Business by Bachman-Turner Overdrive. Listen to the awesomeness:



So, that pretty much sums it up. However, I would like to share some reasons as to why that song is so awesome.

First is this: Takin' Care of Business + iPod + Cliff Chandler = SPEED! I can walk so fast with that song playing in my ears, and I can't even begin to say how many times it has gotten me to class or work on time when I otherwise wouldn't have made it. Heck, one time I was running late and I even had time to stop and open the door for a girl who was walking behind me. Yeah, it's that amazing. There are many songs that can make me walk faster, but I don't think that any of them get the job done as well as this one, my favorite, can.

Second is the intro. There are few other songs that can match this song when it comes to an awesome intro. Granted, this is my opinion, but I've found that my opinion is often correct. Yeah, that's right, I said that very narcissistic thing. Or, if you will, Clifficistic, my own personal brand of narcissism (thank you, Pear). At any rate, the intro is awesome. I gets you going before the words even start.

The message is also great. It makes me think of taking control of one's own situation, helping yourself out, and if nothing else, having a good time with your life, which is how I live. So ti's great.

Finally, there are very few songs that can pick me up when I'm feeling down like Takin' Care of Business can. Turn that sucker up really, really loud and rock out to it, air guitars and all, and there's nothing in this world that will still be bothering me after that. If the bother comes back, I can always play it again. It's that good. I could quote Madagascar 2 and say, "It never gets old," but I won't. Oh, crap.

Anyway, if Takin' Care of Business isn't your favorite song after reading this post, there is probably something wrong with you. Listen to it a couple more times and you'll probably get it.

2 comments:

  1. When I read the title of this post I thought "Little Mermaid" and was seriously worried for you. But Alas, I was mistaken. Whew.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are the only person I know that likes that song so much.

    I think it's annoying to be honest. I think having them in commercial spots ruined it for me.

    ReplyDelete